Tuesday 24 July 2012

Politics?

One of my favourite concepts in history is the ideas of nations and their ethnicity's, like sometimes I wonder how nations such as Belgium can exist, with 45% Dutch and 45% French I wonder how there isn't a force that hasn't completely destroyed the nation, with a nation like Belgium, I wonder why France and the Netherlands aren't bigger from parts of Belgium joining them, well the ethnic-political problem has all ways existed, but it wasn't until times like the end of world war I (one of my favourite times in history) when the problem started to erupt, in 1918-1921 Austria-Hungary's failure in the war, there was a national awakening among ethnicity's, the treaty of Versailles divided the nation among ethnic borders rather then Austria's insane polyglot states, in the Hungary part of the empire a civil war among ethnicity's cause the division above. I believe the government is what keeps nations together, not language, while Austria's unequal society caused its defeat, Belgium may always exist for its freedom is unmatched by any possible "successor states" I plan to show more about this concept, to help me or comment or criticise, email me at jployer@live.com

1 comment:

  1. My next part,coming in a few days is about Ethnic forces dividing countries like the USSR and the Ottoman empire, and how such event shape today's world.

    ReplyDelete